Please join these fun biking activities in Howard County:
The Cycle2Health season is now open! Please visit the Cycle2Health website for more information.
BikeAround Spring 2022 will be held in Columbia on May 14-15. There will be a Block Party on the morning of May 14. For more information, visit the Downtown Columbia Partnership website.
Bike to Work Week. This year’s annual Bike to Work Central Maryland week celebration will take place Monday, May 16th through Sunday, May 23rd. Howard County’s in-person event will be Friday, May 20th Color Burst Park in DTC from 4-6:30PM. Register NOW! Participating riders qualify for free t-shirts (limited to the first 1,500 riders), giveaways and prizes, all while discovering the advantages of a cleaner, healthier commuting option — and your ride doesn’t have to been your commute! Participants who register for the event may ride any time during the week to anywhere and pick up their event shirt at participating bike shops or our pit stop. Join us and celebrate cycling as a healthy, green and FUN commute mode with shirts, swag, prizes and more. For more information, visit: gohoward.org/bike-to-work-day.
Directions by bike to Color Burst Park from Village Centers (click on link below)
- From Dorsey Search Village Center, 3.9 miles
- From Oakland Mills Village Center, 1.5 miles
- From Harper’s Choice Village Center, 2.4 miles
- From Owen Brown Village Center, 3.6 miles
- From Hickory Ridge Village Center, 2.3 miles
- From River Hill Village Center, 6.9 miles
- From Kings Contrivance Village Center, 3.8 miles
- From Columbia Town Center (Vantage Point office), 2.2 miles
- From Long Reach Village Center, 3.6 miles
- From Wilde Lake Village Center, 1.8 miles
- From Main Street Ellicott City, 7.2 miles
- From Main Street Elkridge, 10.5 miles
- From Historic Savage Mill, 7.4 miles