BikeHoward Open House 2019
- Central Library, 10375 Little Patuxent Parkway
- 7PM to 9PM on January 15 (drop in any time)
- Learn about completed and current projects
- Discussed planned and potential projects
- Provide input and feedback to County staff
How Can I Learn More?
- Email email@example.com
- Call (410) 313-4312
- Attend on the 15th
BikeHoward, the Howard County Bicycle Master Plan, provides guidance for improvements for transportation and recreational bicycling, both on-street and off-street. Recommendations are provided in the general areas of infrastructure improvements, policy and programs.
The Howard County Council adopted BikeHoward in April 2016. The Office of Transportation was the lead agency administering the planning process, and the plan was developed with extensive input from the community, as well as many related agencies, in particular the Departments of Planning and Zoning, Public Works and Recreation and Parks. A variety of methods were used to gather public input, including a series of public workshops, an online survey, and availability of an interactive online map.
Bicycle Master Plan Goals & Objectives
- Identify and develop countywide system of bicycle facilities to foster connectivity within and between the following: villages, communities and neighborhoods throughout the County, as well as neighboring cities and counties, parks and recreation centers, schools and educational institutions, commercial and employment centers, and regional and local transit facilities.
- Facilitate recreational and transportation trips by bicycle in the County and improve safety for all types of bicyclists.
- Recommend County policies that will support bicycling, including bikeway facility design.
- Build public support for implementation of the Plan.
The approved version of Bike Howard is presented below. You can view the Plan on-line, print it or download it. You can magnify and zoom in on the detail in the maps and the Plan by using your mouse wheel with the PDF menus View/Zoom and then Dynamic Zoom.
Please provide feedback here or send any comments to Albert Guiney Engel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Howard County Government, Office of Transportation, 3430 Courthouse Dr., Ellicott City, MD 21043.